Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The mama instinct

Adam and I took baby classes in preparation for having Nolyn and I read all 67 books that you are supposed to read, but really and truly as much as you will spend time reading books, and searching on google, babycenter, thebump.com, kellymom ect you will discover that while the research is good for reference, we have this thing called “mom instinct”.
IMG_4180
I was sooooo stressed out about breast feeding and how much to feed, how often to feed how much should she sleep, how often should she sleep, is the bath water too hot, does her room have circulation… the list goes on and on not to mention the whole added stress of SIDS.

I had confided in my mom, mother-in-law and friends a lot in the beginning who were all helpful and gave great advice.  Don’t ever be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure.  Family and friends LOVE to give advice just as I am doing right now.  But at the end of the day, trust your mom instinct.  It’s one of those things that when someone says it to you I just brushed it off initially and now totally understand what she was talking about.  You know your child better than anyone else so don’t second guess yourself.  You spend more time with you baby so use you best judgement and go with your gut when making decisions.  Whenever I am asking what’s my best mom advice for new mom’s I just tell them “you’ll figure it out”.

You have a special bond with your baby that no one else can take from you and your baby things that you are the greatest thing in their eyes which is such an incredible feeling.

Alright that’s my preaching for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment