Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Calling all Mama's in the Lake Norman/Charlotte area

Trouble shedding those post baby pounds?  Want to stay in shape while pregnant?  Worried about packing on those extra pregnancy pounds?  Looking to meet other new mama's in the area?  

I had all of those issues and interests and was so fortunate to have girlfriends who I have been able to walk with pre/post pregnancy and have learned so much that I want to be able to do the same for all new mama's.  I am here to start a Mama's walking group in the Lake Norman/Charlotte area!  I mean let's face it, we are all way more motivated when we have others to work out with.  This way we are able to make new Mama friends and talk about all of our experiences we are going through together while getting exercise!  
This is me 3 days after having our baby girl

My little girl and her buddy at Jetton Park at 3 weeks old


My plan is to organize two walks (jog if you would like) a week around the Lake Norman area in the mornings so we can get our day started off right with some cardio!  The walks will range from 2-5 miles depending on the location and course chosen!

All you will need:
-Stroller
-Baby
-Bottle
-Baby bag
-and of course yourself and a smile

My goal is for us Mama's to make new Mama friends while participating in a healthy lifestyle.  People often underestimate the power of walking and how much it can do to benefit everyone including:

-Lower your cholesterol and blood pressure
-Reduce risk or type 2 diabetes
-Manage weight gain and burn calories
-Strengthen our bodies and get fit
-Reduces stress
-Improve our moods, motivation and overall lifestyle
I hope you will join me and my daughter starting March for a nice stroll!  Please let me know if you are interested so I can start planning!

 email: mamasonthego@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment