Tuesday, February 19, 2013

First Father's Day

Adam for my first mother’s day bought me the sweetest most beautiful locket with Nolyn’s initial and baby picture in it.  He overheard a conversation I had one time talking about how lockets are such a timeless piece of jewelry and how I’ve always wanted one.  Needless the say he totally set a gift precedent for my first mother’s day which totally got me stressing about what to get him.   I don’t know if yall agree, but father’s day presents aren’t easy.  For women you can never go wrong with a simple bouquet of flowers or jewelry, but what do you get a man?  I didn’t want to go for the cheesy t-shirt or coffee mug with Nolyn’s picture printed on it saying #1 Dad so what was I to do?
IMG_2240
Mother's day brunch at Red Rocks
Mother’s day brunch at Red Rocks
Adam and I had been talking about getting tattoo’s together for awhile and once I got my brain going I thought it would be a really cool idea for Adam and I to get tattoo’s of Nolyn’s birth date.  Aside from getting married, having a child together is something that will bond us for the rest of our lives and I just thought it was the perfect creative gift.
IMG_1983
April 3 2012
Of course I have been asked what am I going to do if we have six children?  I guess then I will have to get six tattoo’s :)
Now the problem is what do I do for future Father’s days?  Any good gift ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment