Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The brilliant blue line

So, after we left the hospital and I read all of my baby books I knew Nolyn was supposed to have around 10 wet diapers a day, but the problem was… how do you know when it’s wet?  When your baby is newborn and tiny they pee such a little amount that you never know if they went.  I remember my husband and I putting her little newborn size diapers up to our noses sniffing and trying to tell if she peed.  Gross enough we would also pat it down trying to figure out if it was wet- no joke!

Then one day about a week after our little girl was born, a friend of mine (who has a two year old) caught me in the sniffing act and asked me what I was doing.  I explained the difficulty I was having and she was dying laughing only because she had gone through the same thing.

That’s when she informed me about the brilliant blue line.  Now I can’t speak for Huggies, because I am a Pampers and Target diaper girl, but the Pampers newborn-size 2 has a yellow line on the new diaper that turns blue when your baby goes pee.  Who knew?!  Obviously not my husband and I.
Since I was given that advice I have not needed to sniff or touch another wet diaper.  You will come to notice that as your baby gets older, you will be able to tell much easier.
Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment